We have an entire church that is lost on the most basic part of life: human relationships. We don’t know how to talk to the opposite sex, we don’t know how to date, we don’t how to hold sexual boundaries, we don’t know how to commit to a person, we don’t know how to sustain a marriage. It’s a mess. But God has not left us alone. And we know that His word does not return void. So let’s talk about singleness and how we can replace the lies we have learned in this modern culture with truth from Scripture.
- Genesis 2:18 “And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”
- Genesis 2:24-25 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
- 1 Cor 7:7-9 “For I wish that all men were even as I myself (Single and on mission). But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that (the gift of singleness). But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.”
- 1 Cor 6:9-10 “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
- Matt 5:28 “But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
After watching or listening to this episode, what is your opinion? Do you have any questions or comments? Maybe you have something to add to the discussion? If so, let us know in the comments below.