Do you find that it’s hard to trust God when it seems like life is falling apart? You may have realized that confusion makes everything more difficult and emotions don’t bring clarity either, in fact, they seem to be the author of the confusion because they cause doubt and frustration, and pain, and sometimes even sin. So in this week’s episode of Real Christianity, we are going to talk about how to deal with the discouragement that comes with life’s problems and trials.
Inspired by one of John Bloom’s articles on discouragement as well as some spiritual disciplines of the puritans, let’s look at discouragement through the lens of Scripture.
- Mark 13:31 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”
- 1 Peter 1:25 “But the word of the Lord endures forever.”
- John 14:1 “Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
- Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
- John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
- Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
Banner of Truth Coupon Code: realchristianity
After watching or listening to this episode, what is your opinion? Do you have any questions or comments? Maybe you have something to add to the discussion? If so, let us know in the comments below.