In this episode, Dale and Veronica share not only what the Bible instructs on how His children should handle moments when we’re offended, but also what they’ve learned in their years of ministry on how to properly heal offense and restore a relationship.
- Galatians 5:19-26 “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.”
- John 17:21 “Father, I pray that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.”
- John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- 1 Cor 13:5 “love does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not keep a record of wrongs;”
- Proverbs 19:11 “Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.”
- James 1:19 “ Swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.”
- Matthew 18:15-17 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.”
- Proverbs 17:9 “He who conceals a transgression seeks love, But he who repeats a matter (speaks it to the public)separates intimate friends.”
- Hebrews 12:15 “See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;”
- Ephesians 4:31 “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.”
- Matthew 6:15 “but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
After watching or listening to this episode, what is your opinion? Do you have any questions or comments? Maybe you have something to add to the discussion? If so, let us know in the comments below.