More and more women are asking the question about public breastfeeding. Is it modest and practical or shameful and private? In this episode, Dale and Veronica discuss this topic through the lens of biblical principles of modesty and personal holiness.
Questions Answered in This Episode
- In recent years, there have been more and more women nursing their babies in public without a cover. This past Sunday after church we were sitting on the lawn outside the sanctuary and I saw a young woman just pull out her breast and start nursing her child. It seemed improper to me. What does the Bible say about this?
- About six months ago, I had a miscarriage. Then I hear the idea that God is sovereign. So if God is sovereign, did God take my baby?
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
- 1 Corinthians 8:9 “But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.”
- Philippians 2:3-4 “Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.”
- Ephesians 2:2 “And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:16 “Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.”
- Romans 8:18-21 “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.”
- Deuteronomy 29:29 “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.”
Ultimately, this is a difficult topic in an opinionated culture. It takes a careful look at Scripture and a soft heart to see these matters through the lens of God’s heart. After watching or listening to this episode, what is your opinion? Do you have any questions or comments? Maybe you have something to add to the discussion? If so, let us know in the comments below.