Many people share their assumptions about Dale and Veronica via the internet and social media. So in this episode of Real Christianity, they talk about some of the most common assumptions made about them, and why as Christians it is important to be curious before critical.
Key Takeaways From This Episode
Most Commonly Shared Assumptions About Us:
- We are rich.
- Veronica is the more relaxed parent.
- We are Legalistic.
- We grew up in Christian homes.
- We never fight.
- We don’t use birth control.
- We are more theological than spiritual in our relationship with God.
- We are Calvinists.
Be Curious Before Being Critical
- Love thinks no evil and believes all things.
- True love thinks no evil of a brother or sister in Christ.
- Love always thinks the best of another person and does not make assumptions.
- Love believes what another is saying to be true.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Matthew 18:15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
After watching or listening to this episode, what is your opinion? Do you have any questions or comments? Maybe you have something to add to the discussion? If so, let us know in the comments below.