The book of Proverbs calls parents to “Train up a child in the way he should go…” Well, how should children be trained? In today’s culture, training and discipline are almost frowned upon. In some cases, it’s even been called child abuse. In this episode, Dale and Veronica share the wisdom that’s been given to them about training young children. Together, they share five core principles that have helped them raise up fruitful, pleasant, and delightful toddlers.
- Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- Proverbs 13:24 “Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.”
- Hebrews 12:6-8 “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”
- Ephesians 6:1-4 “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.” And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.”
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Trip
After watching or listening to this episode, what is your opinion? Do you have any questions or comments? Maybe you have something to add to the discussion? If so, let us know in the comments below.